Initial Consultation (60-90 minutes)
Nutrition consultations with LeeAnn Weintraub, MPH, RD are upbeat and motivational. A holistic approach is used to incorporate sustainable healthy eating patterns into the client’s lifestyle. A complete assessment of the client’s overall health and lifestyle is completed, which includes discussion of nutrition, medical and weight history, pertinent labs and medications, and the client's health and nutrition goals. She calculates the client’s daily nutrition needs and thoroughly explains how to best meet these needs with a focus on balance of macronutrients, portion sizes and recommended foods. A nutrition plan is created together, which includes handouts and recommendations to empower clients to reach their goals. Cutting-edge tools and resources are utilized to monitor progress and promote success. LeeAnn is happy to provide progress reports to referring physicians.
Follow-Up Consultations (30-40 minutes)
A plan for follow-up appointments is based on the unique needs of each client and typically includes a review of the meal plan, discussion of the food log and current dietary intake patterns, weigh in, and monitoring of progress. Customized email and telephone follow-up programs are available upon request.
Nutrition Guide Jumpstart Package
Includes two nutrition consultations (one 60-minute initial appointment and one 30-40 minute follow-up); a comprehensive breakdown of your daily nutrition needs; a 7-day customized meal plan; and 10% off additional nutrition services.
Nutrition Guide Results Package
Three month program - includes three nutrition consultations (one 60-minute initial appointment and two 30-40 minute follow-ups); a comprehensive breakdown of your daily nutrition needs; a 10-day customized meal plan; exclusive use of LeeAnn’s photo food logging app which allows you to communicate easily and directly with LeeAnn throughout your program; three telephone check-ins; and 20% off additional nutrition services.
Nutrition Guide Complete Package
Six month program – includes six nutrition consultations (one 60-minute initial appointment and five 30-40 minute follow-ups); a comprehensive breakdown of your daily nutrition needs; a 14-day customized meal plan; exclusive use of LeeAnn’s photo food logging app which allows you to communicate easily and directly with LeeAnn throughout your program; six telephone check-ins; unlimited email support; and 30% off additional nutrition services.
Don't live in the Los Angeles area? Not a problem. LeeAnn is available via Skype, FaceTime, email, and telephone.
Home Visits &
Home Visits (60-90 minutes)
Home visits include a complete assessment and nutrition education and counseling just like an office visit, but in the convenience of your own home. Plus, when meeting in your home, LeeAnn is able to provide in-depth recommendations based on the contents of your refrigerator and pantry.
Grocery Store Tours
Guided Grocery Store Tours (60 minutes)
Individual and group grocery store tours can be tailored to your unique needs, including those of specific health conditions like diabetes, food allergies, weight management, gluten-free/Celiac, and vegetarian/vegan diets. Grocery store tour activities include meal planning, food and ingredient selection, food label reading, and time-saving and shopping tips. LeeAnn will answer your food and nutrition questions and provide you with personalized recommendations.
Contact LeeAnn to inquire about grocery store tour locations and scheduling.
How to Prepare for Your Appointment
- Contact your insurance company to ask if your policy covers medical nutrition therapy by a registered dietitian for your diagnosis or health concern. If LeeAnn is in-network with your insurance, she can verify coverage for you.
- Complete the New Client Form and Agreement to bring to your appointment.
- Keep a record of everything that you eat or drink for at least one weekday and one weekend day. A form for this is available here or you may use plain lined paper or a web-based app/website like MyFitnessPal. Include in the record:
- Time that you eat or drink
- Food or beverage, describing it as specifically as you can
- Amount that you eat or drink
What to Bring to Your Appointment:
- Bring any vitamins/minerals and herbs that you take
- Bring any labels for unusual foods that you eat regularly or that you want to ask about (e.g. meal replacement beverages, protein powder, sports bars)
- Don’t forget blood glucose logs, prescription list, and recent labs, if applicable.
- LeeAnn is in-network with some medical insurance plans. Insurances accepted: Cigna PPO including Open Access Plus and LocalPlus; HealthNet PPO, Medicare (only for diagnosis of diabetes or chronic kidney disease stages 3 and 4 with a written physician’s referral), Regal Medical Group (Referral/Authorization required).
- If your insurance plan covers nutrition counseling, but LeeAnn is out-of-network, she is happy to assist you with reimbursement for nutrition appointments by submitting a claim to your insurance provider; however payment is due at the time of service. Health Savings Account (HSA) credit/debit cards are accepted for payment in addition to other major credit cards, check and cash.
- Insurance coverage for nutrition counseling must be verified before the day of your first appointment to ensure your plan’s benefits cover services.